Friday, October 4, 2013

And "Mother/Wife of the Year" goes to...

(My "amazing" secret to getting twins content: feeding them graham crackers on the couch. 
Mother of the Year, right?)

Let's review the week, shall we?

SUNDAY: Liam woke up at 6:00 am screaming. I rushed into his room to see what was wrong and this awful, terrible smell permeated my nose and I about gagged. Yep. Diarrhea. BAD diarrhea. I picked him up and took him to the living room to change his diaper so brother wouldn't wake up. Then I brought him back to our bed because he wasn't going back to sleep. B and I tried to rest, but there is no rest with a toddler in your bed. About 30 min later Finn was up and he also had diarrhea. For almost the rest of the day, both babies had diarrhea about every 20 min. We skipped church, gave them a warm bath, lathered their bums with cream, and prayed it would be over soon. Their little cabooses were so so raw. It was a sad day. :(

MONDAY: Sister Whitney, the boys and I attended our "standing" visit with G & G Shaw. Their bums are doing a bit better. (The boys, not G & G Shaw) Then we both remember that our missionary brother's birthday is this Saturday. Last minute we call the family and plan an "emergency" dinner to put a video together. B is not thrilled about this, because he drove the carpool to work and I "encouraged" him to have his coworker drive him to my parent's house and the car back to our house. Coworker isn't thrilled about this either and I am now "that wife".

TUESDAY: I feel bad about upsetting the husby's coworker, so I prepare a plate of brownies for them. I also realize, while feeding the boys lunch, that those little pieces of "bread" on the floor are not pieces of bread. They're poop. Yep. Poop. Liam's poop. And it's not a little poop. It's a lot of poop. Poop all over the floor, poop on the church book, poop on the sippy cups, poop on the toy basketball hoop, and poop squished between the wheels of the toy car. It was like a scavenger hunt of horror. Each time I would find another chunk of doo-doo, I would yell out "Oh my gosh!!!!" The boys just watched from their highchairs, confusion and fear spread across their little jelly-smeared faces. Also, we ended up having cereal for dinner. Awesome.

WEDNESDAY: Nobody changed out of their pajamas. (Except B) Nobody took a shower or bath. (Except B) Cereal for dinner again.

THURSDAY: No shower. No change of clothes. Boys did NOT nap at all, but screamed the entire time in their cribs. I "encouraged" B to go to the store and take a baby with him...preferably the crying one. I did cook dinner. It was good. And we ended up at Old Navy, all looking like rag-a-muffins, to get B some jeans. Boys did get a bath before bed. Victory!!!!

FRIDAY: Now here we are. It's the BYU-USU game tonight, and you know this is a house divided. I've decided to make a very nice meal for my amazing husband and children. I will also shower myself and put some make up on and maybe something cute to wear. I have unloaded the dishwasher, I have folded the laundry, and I have picked up the foliage of toys from off the floor. The kids are happy in their beds and I am happily writing this post. Take a picture. Take a picture NOW, because it's taken me a week to arrive at this moment and who knows when it will happen again.

One day out of the week? 
It's not Mother of the Year material, 
but I can work with that. ;)

This weekend, my family and I will be doing this: